Sunday, July 8, 2012

Solving Problems in Writing Science Essays


If a student wants to earn high grades for his science essays, the only viable course is to write a quality one. Quality science essays are not just a product of excellent writing skills and eloquent vocabulary, but also of hard work, patience and planning. If there is something that a quality science essay should lack, it is the problems that a student usually meets during the essay writing process. It is fairly easy to meet these problems, but it is also quite easy to find solutions for them.

Problem 1: “I often commit mistakes in formatting and structuring my science essay. I cannot seem to follow the instructions and directions given by my Science teacher.”

Solution: As much as possible, the student should not just listen to the instructions, which could include the format and structure of the essay, when they given by his professor, but also jot them down. Writing down the given instructions will allow the student to easily remember them just by browsing over the notes.

Problem 2: “I often have a hard time selecting my essay topic. It takes me time just to decide what topic to tackle for my science essay.”

Solution: Here are some guide questions in selecting a topic for writing a science essay.

  1. Is the topic part of the current or recent lessons?
  2. Is the topic in line with the subject?
  3. Do I have ample knowledge of the topic?
  4. Do I have interest in the topic?
  5. Is there a source for information about the topic?
Problem 3: “I am always having a problem in creating content for my science essay.”

Solution: There is no such thing as original content, especially in science essays. A student should always support and complement his own ideas with the pertinent data and information gathered from research. Thus, when writing science essays, a student should always remember to gather necessary information from credible sources. This way, a student could create content for his academic compositions.

Problem 4: “I often cannot organize my ideas and thoughts and connect them with the data and information I have researched.”

Solution: To organize the contents of the any composition, even a social science essay, the student should draft an outline. An outline is a very effective tool in organizing the contents of an essay and in ensuring that the student is writing a coherent composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;